Sunday, June 22, 2008

Art City Days--June 13-14th, 2008

Art City Day's is Springville City's celebration for the summer. It has many activities, but we usually stick to the carnival, parade, and firework show (oh yeah, and Brandon wears out his body at the 3 on 3 basketball tournament--go Brandon!).






This was Callie's first carousel ride and she just loved it. Taylor loves every ride but the one that resembles a roller-coaster...that she just starred at and immediately said "no." We love the carnival but fear the carnies..."oh please, don't touch my daughter...I will put her in the her seat thank you!" I'm sorry, I know I need to be more loving so please forgive me...I am trying to be better...I'll try harder next year.



The parade was so much fun! Taylor just loved all the horses and "Princesses" that came right in front of her. She even saw Snow White...that was nice, but from that moment on she kept asking, "Where's Cinderella? Where's Ariel? Where's Sleeping Beauty?"




The firework show was spectacular. Kate (Tina's neice from AZ) came with us as we played and played on Springville High's nice grassy area just waiting for the fireworks at 10pm. Once they started, Callie just made funny little "oooohhh's and awwwhhh's." It was a late night, but well worth it.

No comments: