Sunday, March 18, 2012

3.5 weeks in...

So I guess I haven't been so good at the updates but there hasn't been much more to report to other then being tired and fatigued...tired and fatigued...blah, blah, blah. This weekend, I'm definitely feeling worse but not as bad as a thought I would at this point (being off my meds for 3.5 weeks). On Wednesday I started my low-iodine-diet (LID) and it has been going pretty good. All thanks to my wonderful mom who has been cooking up a "low-iodine storm" on my behalf. I really miss cheese and good salty tortilla chips. Fortunately I found some unsalted tortilla chips (ingredients : corn, oil and hint of lime) at Whole Foods yesterday that go great with the fresh salsa my mom made for me :)

On Thursday, I had my labs done. On Friday, after calling my endocrinologist a few times, I convinced the medical assistant to give me my results over the phone (the Dr still hadn't looked at them yet...I hear about every time I call their office for results). A normal range for your TSH level is 0.4-4.5. My TSH  before my withdrawal from my Thyroid medication was at 0.01 (hyperthyroid....still haven't got my levels right since my surgery 1.5 years ago!) I really didn't expect my TSH levels to be where they needed to for my RAI treatment since they told me it usually takes 4-6 weeks to get to the right level. So I was pretty surprised when they told  my TSH level was 118! I'm definitely in a hypothyroid state now. Unfortunately, I only started my LID on Wednesday and I'm supposed to be on the diet for 10 days before I can do the radiation. So they scheduled my RAI for next Friday and I'm just glad the end is in sight. In less then 2 weeks I can start back on my meds and start going uphill instead of downhill! Oh yes...and start to eat whatever I want :)

My Mom took the 3 older kids up to her house on Saturday morning to spend the night and play with cousins. Sounds like they have been having fun and had a great time at my niece Addisen's birthday party yesterday. I have to admit it has been nice to have a little more quiet since I haven't been feeling great this weekend. Thanks Mom...you have already made this whole process so much easier! Love you! Oh and many thanks to great friends and ward members helping with the kids and bringing us wonderful meals.

5 days and counting until I gain my super powers............ :)

2 comments:

Adri said...

Hi Tina....it has been way to long since we have seen you. Just wanted to know I have been thinking about you a lot. We need to have Taylor over to play with Kate soon. We miss that cute girl!

Jeremiah and Dana Poole said...

I have been praying for you continuously. You are a fighter and will conquer this! The Lord will continue to give you strength emotionally and mentally where your body is lacking physically. We love y'all so much!

Dana Poole